Are you hesitant about storing clothing? It doesn’t have to be scary! Cleaning out your closet, whether for season changes or moving, doesn’t mean you to have get rid of your clothing. Storage can be an extension of your closet.
Here are some helpful tips to store your clothes in storage.
- Store clothes in an airtight container or bin. Throw in some cedar wood blocks or lavender to keep moths and insects away from snacking on your clothes.
- Purchase any form of Damp-rid and place it in your storage unit. Damp-rid will keep humidity away from your belongings.
- Never store anything in the dry cleaning plastic it came in. The plastic traps a ton of moisture, which can cause fibers to dry out and can cause yellowing of fabric
- Stuff newspaper in your boots to help them hold its shape. Do not store them all into one plastic bag. The soles and heels of boots can damage the other boots in there.
- Wardrobe boxes make storing clothes on hangers easy. Some clothes are better stored on hangers and these boxes make it efficient to store, while protecting your belongings.