Preparing for the change in seasons may involve more, if you are planning to store your RV or car. Drive-Up Storage offers indoor storage for those boxes of flip flops and tank tops along with Kearny NJ car storage ideas. With a storage facility completely indoor, storing your car may not be possible but with our experts you can find tips to get you started.
Steps to take for successful car storage
- Start off with cleaning the car. Wash dirt off and vacuum the inside. This will leave your car smelling and looking fresh.
- Take a few things out of your car before long term storage. For example, the windshield wipers or battery, both will be better if not left out in the cold.
- Even though the car is sitting over the winter, insurance and registration should remain active.
- So you do not come back to all flat tires, put the car on jacks and add the appropriate amount of pressure.
- Worried about critters outside? Stop them from making your car their home for the winter by closing the windows and openings.
- Change old oil out or fresh to avoid sediment at the bottom of your tank, which can make your car run less efficiently.
When you are worried about storing your largest items, talk with the storage professionals at Drive-Up Storage. Our Kearny NJ car storage tips are just the start of how we can help you. Our property can be a solution to storing household items and business equipment. We aim to help our customers find the space they want to protect their gear. Let us know what you need to store and we will show you the way.
Looking for storage in Kearny NJ? Find a small storage unit or large storage unit online. Use our storage calculator to determine the storage unit size needed and then make your selection online.